69% of Voters Think There’s a Border Crisis – and Most Blame Biden, Survey Shows

More than two-thirds of U.S. likely voters believe there’s an immigration “crisis” at the U.S.-Mexico border and most give President Joe Biden the blame for creating it, a new Rasmussen Reports survey finds.

Asked if they consider “the current situation with migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border a crisis,” 69% said “Yes,” according to the national survey of 900 U.S. likely voters, conducted Jan. 5 and 8-9, 2023. One in five (19%) said they don’t think the situation constitutes a crisis, while 12% weren’t sure.

The survey then asked respondents if they agreed that Biden is to blame, posing the following question:

“Do you agree or disagree with this statement: There is a crisis at the border ‘because the Biden Administration has refused to enforce immigration laws and finish the border wall’?”

Half (50%) of all voters “Strongly Agree” that the border crisis is due to Biden’s inaction. Another 12% “somewhat” agree, resulting in a total of 62% blaming the president.

Among just those voters who consider the border situation a crisis, 68% “strongly” agree that Biden is to blame for it, and another 10% “somewhat” agree.


Meanwhile, two years into his term, President Biden is continuing to blame the problems at the border on his predecessor, former President Donald Trump.

In a more general question, Rasmussen asked voters to “rate the way President Biden is handling issues related to immigration.”

Half (51%) said they think Biden’s handling of immigration is “poor,” with much smaller percentages rating it as either “fair” (15%), “good” (20%), or “excellent (10%). Four percent weren’t sure.


Some media, including videos, may only be available to view at the original.  

Similar Posts