CBS News Poll: 51% of U.S. Adults Say Biden is 'Incompetent'

A new survey by CBS News/YouGov shows that 69% of American adults believe the economy is bad and 74% say things in America are going badly. In addition, 65% think President Joe Biden is “slow to react” when important things come up, and 51% of adults say Biden is “incompetent.”

The survey of 2,041 U.S. adults was conducted May 18-20 and has a margin of error of +/- 2.5%.

When asked to describe how “things in America today are going,” 41% said “very badly” and 33% said “somewhat badly,” for a total 74% “badly.” 

When asked “Do you approve or disapprove of the way Joe Biden is handling his job as president?” 56% said “disapprove,” 44% said “approve.”

When it comes to Biden’s handling of the economy, 64% disapprove, only 36% approve.


Biden’s handling of inflation? 70% disapprove, only 30% approve. 

Biden’s handling of immigration? 60% disapprove, only 40% approve.

Biden’s handling of crime? 60% disapprove, only 40% approve. 

The survey also asked, “Which of these do you feel describe or do not describe Joe Biden’s actions as President so far?” In response, 45% said “competent” but 51% said “incompetent.”

To read the complete survey, click here

h/t CBS News


Some media, including videos, may only be available to view at the original.  

Similar Posts