(CNS News) – The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CPB) arrested a 72-year-old male Peruvian national, who had previously been convicted of homicide in the U.S., for illegally entering America on Sept. 17. However, the CBP is not revealing the Peruvian’s name citing “privacy considerations.”
According to a CBP press release, record checks revealed that the individual “had extensive criminal history with multiple felony and misdemeanor convictions.” He was previously convicted for second-degree homicide-willful kill out of Miami Dade County, Florida.
The Peruvian was also previously ordered to be removed from the U.S., and the U.S. Border Patrol will “reinstate this individual’s prior order of removal,” reads the Sept. 30 press release.
“Well, the good residents of Miami Dade County can rest easier tonight that another convicted killer was denied entry into our country by Border Patrol Agents,” Chief Patrol Agent of the El Centro Sector Gregory Bovino said in the press release. “Events at our nation’s borders have consequences for all areas of our country as this critical apprehensions attests.”
However, the name of the “convicted killer” was not listed in the statement. When CNS News asked the CBP what the name of the individual was, the Strategic Communication Supervisor said he could not disclose the name because “the arrest is still under investigation.”
When CNS News asked the Department of Homeland Security to provide the name of the individual, Southwest Branch Chief Cecilia Barreda responded in an email, “We do not comment on individual cases due to privacy considerations.”
The individual was apprehended on Sept. 17 among three others who entered the U.S. illegally through the New River, in the city of Calexico. He was placed under arrest and transported to the El Centro Sector Processing Center after no proper documentation was provided to be legally present in the U.S.
From CNSNews - READ ORIGINAL
Some media, including videos, may only be available to view at the original.